- 3+ tbs milk
- 1 more tsp rum extract
1. Beat the butter until it's very very fluffy. This will take about 10-15 minutes, the butter will turn very light yellow. This is a crucial step so don't rush it!
2. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Make sure it's fully incorporated.
3. Add packet of vanilla sugar.
4. Add eggs, one at a time.
5. Now add the vanilla, rum, and salt.
6. Now you'll mix in the flour/baking powder and milk. Alternate between spoonfuls of flour and milk. You should end up with a smooth thickish batter so that when you dip a spoon into your bowl the batter will ooze off slowly.
7. Eyeball about 1/3 of the batter and spoon it into your buttered cake mold.
8. To the remaining batter add the cocoa, sugar, and rum.